So that you don't have to, we have done the work for you and we summarize the rates to check in your surfboard from Spain with the main airlines.
We are in summer! Time to get on a plane and look for waves in some remote part of the world. We all know how angry it is when after buying your plane tickets, you realize that the airline charges you a good price to bill your boards. stressful enough it is protect and pack all your material, as for above that it comes out for an eye of the face! So that you are well prevented and know what you are going to deal with, we summarize the rates to check in your surfboard.
Below, we present the list of the 15 most important airlines and their proposal to catch waves. Which airline is cheaper?
Fees for checking in your surfboard on 15 airlines:
Air Berlin Free * ▼
It is free to take a surfboard as the first piece of luggage up to 23 kg in all fares except the "JustFly". In the case of other rates:
- FlyDeal: for long distance it is included in the price as long as the weight does not exceed 23 kg and it is the only piece of luggage to be checked in.
- FlyClassic: included in the ticket price for short or medium distance as the first piece of luggage.
- FlyFlex: included in the ticket price as the first and second piece of baggage.
Air Europa €150 * ▼
- Surfing equipment is not included in the baggage allowance, so the fee is €150 per equipment and way.
Air France Free *▼
Free as long as it does not exceed 107 cm in length. For larger tables, it is priced by zones:
- Zone 1: €55 (leaving from a non-European country).
- Zone 2: €55 (leaving from a non-European country).
- Zone 3: €100 (departing from Europe ($150 from other countries).
- Zone 4: €100 (departing from Europe ($100 from other countries).
Alitalia Free * ▼
- Free (up to 23 kg and below 200 cm in length.
- For boards over 23 kg or from 200 to 300 cm the charge will be €75 on flights within Europe and North Africa. €200 for the rest of the world.
- From the US to the rest of the world $260 and from the rest of the world to the US $200.
British Airways Free * ▼
Free up to a maximum size of 190 cm x 75 cm or 23 kg in weight:
- Tourist Class: 'online'- €43, airport- €50.
- Eco rate: 'online'- €64, airport- €75.
- Plus rate: only at the airport: $120.
- Plus Prem Plus rate: 'online'- €128, airport- €128.
- Club Europe: €43, airport €50.
- First and Club World from Brazil: only at the airport: $120.
- First Club World Biz Bed: 'online'- €128, airport- €150.
Delta Free * ▼
- Free up to 107 cm in length.
- For those that are between 107 cm and 292 cm the charge is €105 for all regions except Brazil whose price is $100.
Easyjet from €35 *▼
- Booking method – 'online': €35.
- Booking method – at the airport: €45.
- Rates valid for packages under 32 kg.
Iberia from €35 *▼
- The cost is €150 each way.
- If the origin of the flight is America, Nigeria or Israel, the cost will be $150 and in the case of internal flights within Brazil the price is $60.
KLM Free * ▼
*Free up to 107 cm in length or 23 kg in weight. All those boards that are between 107 cm and 300 cm are subject to pricing by area:
- Zone 1: France and the Netherlands €55.
- Zone 2: Rest of Europe, Israel, North Africa, Kuwait, Bahrain, Indonesia and Singapore €55.
- Zone 3: Destination United States or Canada $210, with origin United States or Canada $150 and between Europe and India €100.
- Zone 4: Rest of the world €100.
- Rates valid for packages under 23 kg.
Lufthansa from €50 *▼
- For boards less than 2 m: continental flights €50 and intercontinental flights €100.
- For boards over 2 m: continental flights €100 and intercontinental flights €200.
Monarch from €25 * ▼
- Booking method – 'online': €25.
- Booking method – airport: €31.
- The maximum authorized weight for the equipment is 13 kg.
Qatar Airways Free *▼
- Free as long as you do not exceed 23 kg.
Ryanair from €50 * ▼
- Booking method – 'online': €50.
- Booking method – airport: €60.
- These rates are valid for equipment under 20 kg.
Swiss from €50 *▼
- From €50 for boards less than 2 m.
- Continental flights: €50.
- Intercontinental flights: €100.
Vueling €45 * ▼
- Rate valid for packages under 32 kg.
We hope we have helped you with this summary of fees to check in your surfboard and that it has made all the pre-trip preparations a little easier for you.
See you on the water.